The Louisiana Workforce Commission, in association with the Louisiana Human Resources Development Institute (LHRDI), will be hosting the 2nd Annual Louisiana Labor Summit, March 20 – 22, 2019 at the New Orleans Marriott. This Summit features special Pre-Summit Workshops, scheduled on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
Registration is now open and will fill up quickly. The Summit will offer a series of presentations, workshops and panel discussions aimed at enhancing and improving workforce solutions across the State of Louisiana. This special event will provide the opportunity for you to connect with business and government leaders, as well as education, labor, and workforce professionals. Don’t miss out on the legal, OSHA, and SHRM continuing education credits!
Explore the schedule HERE.
- SHRM, OSHA, and legal continuing education credits
- NOLA Angel Network for entrepreneurial investing
- Dale Carnegie workshops on project planning, team dynamics, sales process & approaches, customer service attitudes & delivering expectations
- Six Sigma vs. LEAN Management
- Social Media for Businesses
- Workers’ Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- Workforce Development, including public/private partnerships, Incumbent Worker Training, Work Opportunity Tax Credit, Apprenticeship, On-The-Job Training
- Labor Market Information
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Labor Laws and Tax Credits Information
- Mass BizWorks
- AARP, and so much more!
The Summit will showcase dynamic plenary breakfast and lunch speakers, including:
- Governor John Bel Edwards
- Congressman Cedric Richmond
- Secretary Fitzgerald Washington, Alabama Department of Labor
- Assistant Commissioner Hugh Bailey, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Regional Director Nick Lalpuis, US Department of Labor
- Kim Hunter Reed with panelists from across the Louisiana Community and Technical Colleges
- Chip Kline, Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority
- Shawn Wilson, Department of Transportation and Development
- Secretary James LeBlanc, Department of Corrections
- Bryan McClinton, Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries
Registration is $150, inclusive of breakfast, lunch, and entry to Summit events.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2019 LOUISIANA LABOR SUMMIT
Reserve your New Orleans Marriott room (555 Canal St., New Orleans, LA) beginning Monday, March 18 – Friday, March 22, 2019. RESERVE HERE or by calling 504-581-1000, reference the 2019 Louisiana Labor Summit.